Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Bubbles

I found out very quickly that my students had never been taught proper handwashing techniques.  In short, they pump soap in one hand, then basically wash it off their hands under the water.

So I gave them the little speech about "invisible germs", and how soap bubbles capture the germs and kill them.  To demonstrate, I had the children hold their breaths and pinch their noses to "simulate" being inside a bubble.  They quickly understood.

Now we Make Bubbles every time they they wash their hands.  Get enough water on their hands to make the bubbles to kill the germs before they wash off the bubbles.

Although I do have colds and such in my classroom, I have very few children out due to illnesses.  I think Making Bubbles has helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment