Our activities for the Letter A last week included:
* Sang "The ANTS Go Marching", then made ANTS with our fingerprints in paint. (Picture #1)
* Brought APPLES to class and graphed them by color. Then we placed them in order from smallest to largest.
* Cut open the APPLES to see the stars. Ate one half, then did APPLE STAMPING with the other half in paint.
* Had APPLE SAUCE and APPLE JUICE for snack one day (It was amazing how many of my students had never had this drink.)
* Took pictures of ALLIGATORS and put them in AB sequencing order on a sentence strip. (Picture #2)
* Made APPLE MOSAICS with red (or green or yellow) construction paper by tearing and gluing finger-sized pieces to the picture. (Picture #3)
* Opened a box of ANIMAL CRACKERS and tried to identify the animals.
* A lot of my students have names that begin with A, so they got to wear a yarn necklace with their names written on a card, and the A emphasized in glitter glue.
* Jumped on and sounded out the letter A on the floor every time we entered the room.