Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Schools Should Have Washing Machines: A Request For Hand-Me-Downs

I don't know how things are at other schools, but mine could sure use a washing machine. My students are bringing their sweaters and "hoodies" to keep them warm, and so often these articles of clothing are unbelievably dirty. That's not mentioning how many children are wearing shirts and pants that are encrusted. And I'm not even going to go into specifics about their underwear or socks!

For the worst cases, I've taken individuals to see the counselor, in the hope she might have some donated items that would fit. Most of the time she doesn't, but I have to try.

So here's what I'm asking. If you have children's clothing that your kids can't wear, or you know someone with clothes left over from a garage sale, or a person just willing to give away kids clothing, please think about donating them to a nearby school. They don't have to be new. Just clean and wearable.

Both the child and the teacher will be very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment