Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My After-Christmas Haul

I went out of town last week to do some after-Christmas shopping. I was hoping to get some great bargains, but I ended up buying for my classroom instead of for myself or others. Isn't this the way of teachers?

 
From let to right, my goodies, which I got at steep discounts (some at 70%). ZINGO, a number bingo game, a huge jar of colored stones (I could write a whole blog post about ways to use these things), a little wooden school bus to add to my transportation unit, Phase 10 and Apples to Apples canned dice games (the kids won't be able to play them strictly according to directions right now, but I can adapt them to begin with).

Bottom row: foam snowflake shapes for a January art activity, two Wrap-Ups games (one featuring shapes and the other beginning sounds). And finally, my proudest acquisition, six children's chopsticks.


These chopsticks are fantastic at strengthening children's fine motor reflexes. You can have them picking up pom-poms, pebbles, small animals - the possibilities are endless. Best of all, you can change the game to match the season or holiday. I have a bunch of those tiny snowflake ornaments from Hobby Lobby that are used to decorate little desktop trees. We'll begin the new year picking them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment