Monday, August 18, 2014

They're Pocket Sized for a Reason


On our school's list of supplies is a box of tissues. My kids go through tissues like crazy, but every year I have to show them how to pull a tissue out of the box. Plus I have to tell them, "Only one! You take just one!" instead of the 2, 3, or 4 at a time. 

Anyway, more often than not, someone will bring a package of take-along packets. I guess the parents think their child will have access to their own personal tissues, and the three or four tiny bags will suffice them for the entire nine months of school.

At first, I thought of the small packs as almost useless, until I realized how often I caught someone sniffling or needing to wipe their nose while we walked down the hallway. Thus I discovered that by keeping one of those packs of tissues in my pocket, I was ready for any occurrence - especially when the cold and flu season hit us, followed by the allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment