Friday, May 24, 2013

An Easy and Beautiful (Albeit Messy!) Art Activity

I saw this initially on Pinterest, and decided to give it a go with my class. Taking black Tempra paint and plastic cups, they stamped circles all over their white construction paper. Thank goodness Tempra washes out easily!
 

I gave the sheets a day to dry before giving them their watercolors and letting them fill in all the interlocking sections.

 
When the sheets were completely dry, we hung up our finished masterpieces! Please note that this project takes 2-3 days, giving ample time for the paints to dry. And although the initial cup-stamping part only takes a few minutes, the time it takes for them to use their watercolors can last well up to an hour.


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea!! I can not wait to use it with my student next year!! Love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance. Its been months since I have posted but, plan to start up again this week.
    http://erinsescape.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete