Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Language Arts Stations for the Weeks of 9/03 and 9/9

These are the Language Arts stations I'm using these next two weeks. There are five stations which will rotate on a daily basis. I will use these stations for two weeks before changing them out.

This is the schedule. Each table has a different colored bucket/bin, which is how the students know who gets what and when. If you want to use it, just click on the picture to get the full size image.

STATION ONE
* Computers and Listening Center
As I have only 2 computers, 2 students go there, and the other 2/3 go to the listening center. At the listening center, they listen to a book on CD. After which, they draw a picture about the story they just heard.



STATION TWO:
These children will come to me for guided reading. They use the popsicle sticks/tongue depressors to help them keep track of which line they're on.


STATION THREE:
I got this idea and free mats from Pinterest. The students make the letters using tangram shapes.



STATION FOUR:
I got this idea from Pinterest, too. Students draw a card that either has a capital letter, lower case letter, or picture. They write over that letter with a Vis-a-Vis marker (which wipes off with water when they're done). If they draw a letter they're already out of, they lose that turn. First person to finish filling out their letters wins.

I've since laminated my worksheets. The worksheet was a freebie for ABC. I've since made my own version for DEF, and will do more later.


 STATION FIVE:
I call this game Ready Set Go. I put the alphabet on cardstock using a neat shield font. (You can get your own copy here.) Then I bought some great little "alphabet charms" from WalMart, and they also use a set of tweezer-like chopsticks I found last year. The object of the game is to be the first person to put a charm on each letter using the chopsticks.



No comments:

Post a Comment