Monday, September 16, 2013

My Math Stations for the Weeks of 9/16 and 9/23

Our math stations these next two weeks are simple and fun.

Station One: a quick little board game I found on Pinterest. So many of my students have never played a board game, so this fast-paced one is ideal to keeping their enthusiasm up.


Station Two: Calendar Math - Great practice writing their number, especially with the Vis-a-Vis markers they got to use. I gave them copies of this month's calendar, which they duplicated onto their boards. I plan to do this activity every month.


Station Three: I got this game off Pinterest. It was originally a "Roll and Color" page, but we're limited to how much paper we can use, so I ran off just five copies, had them laminated, and now they "Roll and COVER". And they love using the colored flat-bottom glass rocks.


Station Four: A piece of masking tape on the end of a pipe cleaner, a number on the tape, a box of colored beads, and you have a fantastic counting activity that also strengthens fine motor skills.


And Station Five is with me for guided math practice. This week, I'm using that time with the students to assess them on their counting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment