Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Math Stations for the Weeks of 10/14 and 10/21

Continuing with our Halloween theme:

Station 1: Calendar Math, with October

Station 2: Halloween dominoes (see source here)



Station 3: I'm using this "roll and cover" as a Bump game. Simply played, each player gets their own color markers. When they roll a number, they cover it with their marker. If another player rolls the same number, they can "bump" the previous marker and replace it with their own. Game is over when all the numbers have been covered. And the person with the most markers on the board wins.


Station 4: Build a Jack-o-Lantern! I made this game on my own. I'll repost on Friday with the game pieces as a freebie!


Station 5: Spider Legs! I got this idea from a post on Pinterest, and adapted it for myself. In short, each student gets a spider play sheet (I put them inside page protectors until I can get them laminated.) A student rolls 2 dice. If the total equals 8, he gets to draw a leg on his spider with a wipe-off marker. First student to put all 8 legs on his spider wins.


No comments:

Post a Comment