Friday, June 19, 2015
Change a Word - a Creative and Fun Writing Exercise
This is a creative and fun exercise.
* Start off with a simple sentence no more than 6 words long.
* Have the students copy the sentence in their journals/spirals.
* Challenge them to change ONE word, but still have the sentence make sense.
* Write the new sentence on the board and have them copy it.
* Now change another word. Write that new sentence.
You can take this as far as you have time.
A frog sat on a log.
A frog sat on a dog.
A bug sat on a dog.
A bug rode on a dog.
A boy rode on a dog.