Monday, October 14, 2013

My Language Arts Stations for the Weeks of 10/14 and 10/21

We're celebrating Halloween these next two weeks!

Station 1: Guided Reading with me. We're doing the "Going Batty!" game, which you can see and grab the freebie template here.


Station 2: Computers and Listening Center

Station 3: Highlight a Letter (source here)


Station 4: Spooky Spin and Write. I found this idea on Pinterest, but there was  no link to where I could buy it, so I made my own copy. You can grab the freebies below that are already 8.5 x 11 in size.


(Here's the spinner.)


(You can download the PDF of the Spin and Write sheet here.)

Basically, it's played this way:
* spin
* write the beginning letter of the picture it lands on
* first person to complete an entire row across wins

I placed my pages in protective sleeves, and have the kids use Vis-a-Vis markers to write their letters. Later I will get the pages laminated.

Station 5: Write the Room using the blue index cards we used the past two weeks to label things with.


No comments:

Post a Comment