Friday, November 15, 2013

My Math Stations for the Weeks of 11/11 and 11/18

Station #1 - Calendar Math
I ran off copies of the November calendar. The students copy the calendar on their write-on/wipe-off templates with Vis-a-Vis markers.

Station #2 - Set the Table
I ran off a table clipart onto cardstock, including the "meal". I made a chart listing each food item, and a number the children have to roll in order to put that food on the table. First child to set their table for Thanksgiving Dinner wins!


Station #3 - Penny a Pumpkin
Originally I called this game "Penny a Pompom", which I explained here. This time we're using orange pompoms and calling them pumpkins.


Station #4 - Pilgrim Roll and Cover
(You can get this freebie here.) They need this especially because it involved rolling two dice and counting.


Station #5 - Counting Thanksgiving
I made this station using clipart I found on the internet. On the picture, I put a number word. Along the side are four numbers. This week I'm giving the students a "cheat sheet" with the number and name on it, so they can put a clip on the answer. Next week, the sheet disappears.


No comments:

Post a Comment